Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jardin du Palais Royal- MAISON FABRE


If you, like me, are tired of the endless array of shops selling mediocre tunics and faux-organic T-shirts for a good third of your salary, follow me, dear readers, to La Maison Fabre. I have fallen hard for this artisan glove maker who has been treating the hands of well-heeled Parisians since 1924. Gloves, you say? Really? And yes, really- forget handbags and the blanket-like scarves all the girls are wearing- let them wear gloves!

Certainly, they'll cost a good third of your month's pay, but unlike cheap T-shirts and 2008 tunics, these little bunnies will last you your whole life. At present, I am particularly desirous of Fabre's modern, bright colection of driving gloves. (To drive for, my darling, to drive for!) Although I didn't have the courage to enter the boutique, (I'm on financial lockdown, being unemployed) the glass facade allowed me to hone in on several paris that might fit into a stocking if Santa brings my ship in.

....They also have men's gloves. Too, too stylish. I have a new crush!

No comments: