“Oh,” Sloane
responded, taken aback by the thoughtfulness of such a gesture. “Sure! I guess
I could, what would be nice would be, my mom…” she held the door ajar for Poppy
to pass through.
“Mine’s
going to my stepkids. Trust me,” she said, watching Sloane’s brows raise. “I
know. It’s hard when it’s step children. The whole self branding thing.” she
made a hand gesture haloing herself. “People don’t want to hear what you’re
doing for them unless they come from your own womb. Anyway, that yours?”
They both
looked at the massive chocolate likeness of The Future on Sloane’s bed.
“So, this
has been something, huh?” asked Poppy. Indicating the hotel, the tour, Sloane’s
life, Sloane’s book.
“There have
been some unexpected turns,” Sloane responded, sitting at the desk to scribble
out her mother’s address with the hotel pen.
“You know,”
Poppy was messing with the coffee capsules on the commode now, sorting them by
color. “If you ever want to talk. I’m a little bit more of a…than you might
think.”
More of a
what? More than what?
No comments:
Post a Comment