Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cut from "I am having so much fun here without you"


What Rosie had been talking about before she had to pause was the first time they filed for life insurance.
            “Standard questions, obviously, do you smoke, how much do you drink—and I just got, do you remember, you found me in the kitchen, crying?” Rosie looked at her husband, then the camera. “It was something about filling in our ages. You know, I’m older than him by twelve years, actually, and I was sitting there, filling the whole thing out and I realized there wasn’t a question on that form, on any form, that I couldn’t answer. I realized that we—we really had the same life. That we’d been the same person. I don’t know, that he really was my very closest friend, and I was sitting there with a ballpoint and that stupid form, and it just made me cry.”

No comments: